Bauder College History
In 1964, Bauder College was founded as a fashion and etiquette school. The 1960s were a time for head-turning fashion, where popular culture began to embrace new directions. And Bauder College was there, entering the field as it took its new, dynamic footsteps.
From its roots, Bauder College believed in offering an alternative to high school graduates seeking career training. Program offerings expanded in the 1970s to include interior design and fashion design. Program expansions continued, addressing both core business areas and growing fields that came with the advent of the modern digital age.
Bauder College is housed in two buildings comprising over 70,000 square feet of space in the Northyards Business Park, a site designated on the National Register of Historic Places. The campus incorporates an early 20th century railroad service station. The structure has been meticulously renovated within its historic foundation and adapted into a contemporary loft-style office space known as the Roundhouse. Today, it is one of only two such buildings remaining in the entire Southeast.
Bauder College is proud of our ability to walk two worlds: one grounded in the heritage of Atlanta and another, future-facing world of opportunity for our students and graduates.
Program offerings began to expand in the 1970s to address both core business areas and growing career fields in the Atlanta area.
- 1964: Bauder College founded
- 1972: Interior design program added
- 1975: Fashion design program launches
- 1995: Business administration program with marketing emphasis created
- 1999: Business administration program management emphasis begins
- 1999: Graphic design program added
- 2002: Associate’s degree in criminal justice program launches
- 2004: Bachelor’s degree in business administration program begins
- 2007: Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice established
- 2008: Business administration program expands to include emphasis areas in accounting, fashion merchandising, and fashion product development
- 2010: Bachelor’s degree in information technology program established
- 2010: Bachelor’s and associate's degree programs in paralegal studies added