Associate of Arts in Interior Design
The interior design degree program at Bauder College in Atlanta can help you turn your artistic flair into a potentially rewarding career. Our interior design program includes the training and opportunity to design several types of interior environments. You will be presented with the principles of space planning, strategic planning, and effective problem-solving techniques. Instruction includes selection and specifications of furniture, finishes, and equipment; manual and computer drafting; and drawing and presentation. In addition, our program includes education in the creative use of color, style, fabrics, lighting, and more. Technical design capabilities can be enhanced through the use of computer-aided design software. You can gain the skills to effectively communicate with clients and vendors by using industry-recognized terminology and visual tools.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are awarded an associate’s degree.
Instruction in the interior design associate's degree program includes:
- Curriculum designed to develop both design and technical skills
- Learning environment to support students who are creative and appreciate limited class sizes to maximize interaction
- Training in the use of basic drafting equipment
- Available externships that allow students to participate in the interior design industry
- Field trips to destinations of design interest
Potential Career Opportunities
As a graduate of this program, you may pursue entry-level employment opportunities such as:
- Interior design assistant
- Home furnishings coordinator
- Contractor and/or builder’s assistant
- Model-home merchandiser
Additional opportunities for interior design graduates are found in both the retail and wholesale industries as manufacturers' representatives, showroom personnel, and in furniture sales.